Thursday, November 09, 2006

Albany Bulb

We just got back from our California trip, visiting friends near Berkeley, at their home in Albany.

Dave and Karen took us for a walking tour of one part of the Albany Bulb, which was once a landfill, a place where homeless people lived, and a home for bizarre artworks made from old construction debris. I had a couple of favorite artworks, but my absolute favorite was Jesus, made of various wood, metal and even tree branches for his hair.I hardly ever use the word "awesome" in my speech, but this sculpture by an artist who didn't sign his/her work, is really awesome! Sally is standing next to Bulb Jesus. She's 5'1", so he's pretty big. Dave took the picture.
Click on pictures for full-size images.

According to Dave there is a whole section I missed. I'm hoping it's still there when I go back.
I'll be back here shortly to talk about some other stuff we did, including a visit to a chocolatier, and the Columbarian in San Francisco.

Ciao for now, El Postino

No comments: