Friday, June 22, 2007

Dance Around The Coffee Pot

I guess I drink a lot of coffee. Is a pot a day a lot of coffee? Lord knows I've gotta have something that can keep me going, and sometimes a cup is enough and sometimes even a pot isn't. Yesterday was one of those days. I caught myself conking out at a stoplight, waking up in time for the light to turn green.

I drove to the nearest convenience store. That isn't far. Any good-sized city and you can find one on just about any corner. I found a Phillips 66 and headed right for the coffee pot. I noticed they have something they call Wake Up! Coffee with extra caffeine. OK, that's what I needed. I'm happy to report that I was wide awake after that, able to get through my afternoon without falling asleep at the wheel.

Even a coffeehead like me needs that extra jolt now and again.

********

"Dance Tonight" by Paul McCartney, his latest release, is what I'd call Lesser Paul, pop with a really great hook, but not enough of whatever it is that puts a song into the Greater Paul category. It's catchy enough, though, and anything its got going for it is made better by this video. I like the ghostly figures dancing around, I like the sound of the mandolin, and Paul's voice sounds…well, like Paul!

Paul is (now literally) the Grand Old Man. He's gone with YouTube as a vehicle, which is smart. Go where the customers are. This is the official video of "Dance Tonight" from his official production company.

Cup of tea? Or how about a cup of coffee?

Ciao for now.

No comments: