Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Keep your head


Does this look like a headless guy blowing snow? It does to me. I keep looking at it and thinking of "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow."

I had a thing about that story when I was a kid in the 1950s. Walt Disney ruined my sleep for years, because that cartoon scared me when I saw it originally. As a little kid I didn't understand the story, didn't know the Headless Horseman was a trick played on the old schoolmaster, Ichabod Crane. When I was 12 and saw it again I understood it, and ha-ha-ha, it seemed funny then. I still think it's one of Disney's best of the shorter cartoons. Character design, pacing, drawing, and Bing Crosby narrating. But it gave me nightmares for a long time.

The guy up top with the snowblower reminds me of some old saying, "Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs."

No comments: