Monday, January 11, 2010

Fantasy afoot

As a 3F (Fancy Footwear Fan) man, it doesn't take much more than a pair of legs and some high heels to get my attention. So my eyeballs were jumping all over these pages from the February, 2010 issue of Harper's Bazaar. Or as my wife called it when she showed it to me, Harper's Bizarre.

These shoes aren't so much fancy as they are fantasy.


Can anyone walk in these? Or is that their purpose, anyway? I suspect such shoes were worn to get as far as the bedroom.


Images fill my head, like Chinese foot-binding or other tortures that used to turn men on.

Something that interests me is that designers have merged boots and shoes, making open-toed boots, and footwear you can't tell where the shoe ends and the boot begins.

Last month Harper's Bazaar featured something more accessible, like this joyous cover of actress Kate Hudson in a short dress and high heels. Kate looks a lot like her mom, Goldie Hawn, here, doesn't she? I'm sure if I saw this vision coming down the sidewalk I'd have to hold on to something lest I topple over from pure shock.

I'm not sure about these shoes. The designer must've been on drugs.



No comments: