Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby, it's old outside

Every day in this freezing weather makes me more and more aware of advancing age. Moan. Groan.

But, everyone gets old. Well, except for my coworker who died last week. He was two years younger than me. He won't be getting old. He keeled over from a heart attack.

My other coworkers and I spend a lot of time talking about health and doctor visits, especially when someone our age dies. This is what people do when they get old. They go to doctors and worry about their health. They should worry, anyway. One of the guys in my department is a diabetic, two are pre-diabetic. One of the pre-diabetics is doing something about it, the other one is spitting in the reaper's eye, saying, "Come and get me, Big Guy." Which, of course he will, but then, he'll get all us all in the end.

Even Superman gets old.

No comments: