Sunday, March 07, 2010

We love them, yeah yeah yeah...

I'm out of town, so I'm reposting some of my favorites amongst my blogs. This is from April 23, 2006.


In the course of cleaning out my house over the past few days I've found things forgotten or things I thought lost. Among them was an old comic I bought back in '64 during the heyday of Beatlemania.

My brother and I were Beatles fans, and tended to buy a lot of junk as long as it was to do with the Beatles. This old comic is in pretty bad shape. Definitely not anything to sell on eBay. It has binder holes in it and the pin-ups in the back are gone. But the rest of the contents are intact and I thought I'd share some of it with you.

The cover:






I especially like the last words: "...something exciting, something youthful and alive..." More than 40 years later, even with two members dead and two in their mid-'60s, they are still as fresh as they were in those long ago days of Beatlemania.

Two youthful Beatles fans, circa 1965, my brother Rob (on the right) and me.

1 comment:

The Shitty Astrologer said...

That is neat...back in the days when bands didn't control the merchandising franchises around their trademark name. I wonder if the boys were even aware of how extensive the fandemonium was.