Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A baker's dozen of girls with tattoos

I'm on record as saying unkind things about tattoos. It comes from my upbringing, and from the general shock of seeing illustrated men and women pop up everywhere. It's not that I don't appreciate the artwork and skill of tattooing, but they are so permanent. I don't like tattoos on faces for that reason. My most general observation is that what looks beautiful on a canvas of young supple skin will soon enough sag...not to mention fade. I'm not the only one to have opined that someday we will have a generation of senior citizens with wrinkled tattoos competing with liver spots.

But so what? I'm almost 65-years-old. What do I care? I won't be there to see it! Holding onto that thought, I can put aside my prejudices and at the very least appreciate decorations on attractive young women.

Thank god I won't be around when these girls turn 65.





Nice illustration of Poe, but I haven't been able to figure out what part of the body this is tattooed onto:








Sometimes less is more:


These pictures are reblogged from the amazing site, Fuck Yeah, Girls With Tattoos, which has hundreds more of these photos, uploaded by readers.

.

No comments: