Monday, September 10, 2007

Pretty Ballerina


My friend David Miller sent me this digital photo he took over the weekend, somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. Click on the picture for the full-size image.

I have been sitting…and sitting…and sitting…just looking at this young woman. She is so fresh she appears to be right out of the cellophane wrapper.

I think I love her. I love her face, her body, her green Chuck Taylors.

As I've been looking at her, the lyrics to the song have been running through my head: "I had a date with a pretty ballerina, her hair so brilliant that it hurt my eyes."

Somewhere a mountain is moving, yes indeed.


Ciao.

1 comment:

Leslie Wilson-Rutterford said...

I have been trying to track down this song for the last 33 years! I can't believe you have such a recording. it's slightly different to the commercial version, but, oh how sweet it is to finally hear it, to find it!
Lots of love, Leslie xxxxxxx