Sunday, July 20, 2008

Part-time polygamous wives found!

My search for a part-time polygamous wife to take care of me is ended. You can read about my search in these past postings from Paranoia strikes deep: here, here, and here.

Not only did I find one part-time polygamous wife, I found two! Sisters Rotunda and Globella Roundy of Hooten Holler, Arkansas, come as a pair. They'll join me shortly, when "we get Pa's old 1965 International Harvester pickup truck a'runnin.'" And as they put it to me in that same e-mail, "we-all'll be taking care of you-all like you-all should be taken care of by us'n." Well. I like that. They sound like a couple of nice gals. From their picture it looks like there is a Victoria's Secret in Hooten Holler. I can't wait to meet them.

In the meantime, wife #1, Sally, continues to spend her nights sleeping with the dogs. She's in an area called Olympus Cove right now, with a mountain in the back yard. Since the house where she is staying is in the foothills on a steep road, here's a picture she took from the back deck.

Sally has also taken pictures of the Salt Lake Valley. Here's a sunset with the California wildfires affecting our skies.

Next up for Sally, sitting for the daughter of her longtime friend. The woman has three rescue dogs, a couple of cats, and a miniature goat. I haven't heard of a miniature goat, but I'm sure Rotunda and Globella have some goats in Hooten Holler, because as they put it, they spend a lot of time, "a'feedin' the critters, like we'll be a'feedin' you." Sally says the miniature goat is known to butt the dogs. Maybe they should call him Butthead!

As you can see by this picture of my brother and me--I'm the shorter fellow on the right and my brother is the taller, slim gentleman on the left--I don't need to be fed, really, but I'm sure my brother could use some good ol' country cookin'. Biscuits and gravy, collard greens, fried chicken...yum. Bring it on, gals. I'm sure once they get their daddy's '65 IH pickup running they'll have their GPS set to all of the KFCs between Arkansas and Utah.

No comments: