Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hubba-hubba!


I found this ad for a Hubba-Hubba Wallet in a 1948 comic.

Does anyone use the term "hubba-hubba" anymore? As a kid on occasion I'd hear a guy say "hubba-hubba!" when he saw a good looking girl, but I don't remember ever saying it. It sounds like an antique expression now. That's precisely why I think it should be preserved. I believe I'll start saying "hubba-hubba!" when confronted with a fine-looking woman. To that end I'll show you some of my current hubba-hubba moments:

A hubba-hubba to the lithesome, lovely Audrey...


A hubba-hubba to those who wait for the fleet to sail in...


A hubba-hubba to the long-stemmed girls...


A hubba-hubba to big eyed girls who do their own sewing...


Blow me down, Blondie! A hubba-hubba to nautically naughty Debbie Harry...


A hubba-hubba to charming women in shorts and sandals...


A hubba-hubba to the sophisticated Cosmo girl...


A hubba-hubba to cowgirls and their horses...


I'll have more hubba-hubbas next time.

No comments: