Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mom's anniversary


It was a year ago today that Mom died. She had been in an Alzheimer's care center for four years. She didn't die of Alzheimer's, but of uterine cancer.

I've been going through some of the blog entries I've written about my mother, Wanda, over the past three years.

In this one I describe a super Christmas present she gave me.

Even before Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's she was paranoid/delusional. She'd exhibited symptoms of various mental problems all of my life. All it took was for me to find an old postcard in my files to be reminded that my mother was different than other moms.

Here's a posting of Mom's reaction to me being bitten by a neighbor dog.

Finally, here's the story of the day she died, one year ago today, and her service.

###

No comments: